FALL OUT BOY - LETS TALK ABOUT THEM.

Posted by Ricky Moreno On 07:49

I think it's very easy to dislike a good band. For a start, they will be over played on the radio, people will dress like them and t.v and magazines will capture them doing incredibly silly things. Fall Out Boy (FOB) are no different, but in my case, I have managed to look past the opportunity to hate them and truely enjoy the enriching sounds they produce.

I wanted to quickly run through what I feel has made FOB album-by-album a truely genius band based upon ability to change to fit the audience.

Take this to Your Grave

This album has punk and emo merged into what I believe is there most listenable album. Songs like 'Where is Your Boy' and 'Calm Before the storm' may be the most listenable, but I feel its very easy it let the tracks run through without skipping tracks. I cannot help thinking they were a natural replacement for Blink 182. They do not have there aggression, but they relate to people on the same way.

Under The Cork Tree

This chapter in FOB's successful career marks what I believe as the most progressive stage in there careers. Its a big mid-point intersection between the album before and the one before. This therefore pleases the punk and rock fans, but encorages the pop fans that would later love the third installment. Listing the obvious favorites on the album would be pointless but once again, they create great album and not just singles. Very listenable, and the most knowledgable music fans would probably say its the best they released.

Infinity On High

This ablum is what I believe is the most 'pop' album they released. I remember after its release, Kanye West saying he needs to learn how to dress better than FOB and attempt to make music better than them. I will let you decide whether he does or not not but I think it's inportant to make the emphasis that FOB before 'Massive' pop artists here. I think myself, as an album listener mainly, would say it is my least favorite album, but regardless is an amazing piece of work.

And for the last album I am currently writing a review but I thought I would include some tasy aucustic sessions:



&

0 comments