RICKS MUSIC REVIEW X8

Posted by Ricky Moreno On 02:11

It seems like a very long time since I have wrote a review of music I have been listening too. I thought it probably would be best to make a stab at reviewing the bands that are bringing new albums and singles out so that it would be easy to find if any of you readers are slightly inspired by what you here.

With that information, I think that leaves us with Bon Ivan and Franz Ferdinand as the genuine interest of the week.

Franz Ferdinand

It seems that Franz Ferdinand are back again, for the third time. As a point of reflection, can anybody remember how there first album was was masterfully put together? Big hits including 'Michael,' 'Matinee' and then the legendary song 'take me out' grabbed a whole new indie audience with it's fantastic intro.

After this album eventually left the current trim of radio play list's, there was a time when we only found Franz Ferdinand on our I Pod's from shuffling through occasionally. The release of the second album brought our ears another banger in the form of single 'do you want too' proving to be a popular dance tune, but although fantastic at the time, provided a false hope of the potential Franz put forward on an album which can now be found in bargain buckets costing about a pound.

This brings us to their new release. I would say 'Ulysses' will most certainly be a big hit amongst the crowded dance floors of the indie world. I can foresee many remixes cropping up and Xfm playing it far too many times before we are finally finished listening too it. It's true to say the song has captured be due to it's actual lyrics about finding something greater than drug's, but is this song great? The answer is no. This song does not get the '8 or 9 out of 10' that the first albums singles achieved, but more likely 7.

Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses


Bon Iver

What I write now it what I thinking as I listen the Bon Iver for the first time. I would immediately say that I do not think that it is not anything particularly that I have not heard before. Artists such as Chris Martin's Coldplay spring to mind immediately and some elements of Snow Patrol.

The first song I chose to listen to was 'Blood Bank' which is their new single just out. It's calm, relaxing and will probably be a big hit with those loving acoustic artists like Damien Rice. The second song I listened to is titled 'Beach Baby' which features yet again, another relaxed chilling guitar,that has made me slightly tired. That song was short, and now the third song I am listening to is 'Babys' which features a very repetitive piano intro. The lyrics sound very much like a Cold Play album track which never gets released. I can imagine listening to it for a while and loving these guys. Although, they have not grabbed me straight away which would suggest they are not amazing. I would however recommend adding them to your 'chilling out' play list.

I will leave you with another song, The wolves Act 1 & 2

0 comments