THANKS FOR THE THE MEMORIES FOB.

Posted by jeany. On 23:43










I had bugger to do today.
Soooo... I went to Fallout Boy at Nokia for free just because it was blocks from my flat.
I don't have much to say about it but the show was fun, I have to admit that.
It was nice to see FOB again. I haven't seen them since March 06.
Since I honestly hate big venues, It was nice to see FOB in a smaller 2000 capacity venue.
I'll never see them at the KFNY ever again, oh well.

Yesterday they did a free show at Union Square.. but it went bust cause of the stupid permits and all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/12/16/2008-12-16_oops_fall_out_boy_performs_singalong_in_.html

watch the video at the bottom of the page.

About the show..
Well this opener TYGA opened up. He's a rapper. I was quite disapointed that it was TYGA and not TIGA, the electro dance artist from Montreal, canada.

He did the one song I do know, Coconut Juice.
http://www.myspace.com/tyga

FOB opened up with Memories. They played a lot of old tunes as well.
Pete told some stories.
He saw a bootleg DVD of Twilight and continued to see it nonstop straight for 72 hours. Then FOB played Vampires will never hurt you. That was funny. Apparently he also likes Almost Famous. He quoted a line from that movie but I cannot recall it now.
Oh and Patrick actually talked about the first time he ever came to New York. Upon his arrival, he saw a burning building and russell crowe in front of it. He also mentioned how he saw one of the brady bunch kids riding on a bike. Weird.
They also did This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms race. Many little kids were dancing to that. At that moment I felt old. They also did a cover of Beat It. It was okay.
I actually semi-enjoyed the show. I hate to admit that.

They also did a free signing at Virgin Times Square but I decided to go on home instead. I just prefer live shows. I am not into school-girl fan-like events.

Oh yeah, the Nokia theater feels like a cell phone store when you walk into it. I wonder what the 02 arena in london is like. Probably the same thing.

I don't like NOKIA PHONES. lol.

Anyway this blog is really cool. The fallout boy fans would love it.

http://www.cfobmania.com

Some of my friends in LA got to see them at the Troubadour. The Troubadour is a 400 capacity venue and much smaller than Nokia. I've been there and the Troubadour is much nicer than Nokia Theater NYC.

So Londoners, you get to see them March 6th, 09 at O2. It's probably a much bigger venue than Nokia Theater in NYC but Americans just get more exclusive Fallout Boy entertainment because we're nang.

That phrase was Meehan inspired. If I had an extra ticket and if Ricky were here I'd bring him. Don't worry Ricky I saved some FOB stickers and a Folie A Deux pin for you.

1 Comment

  1. Ricky Moreno Said,

    well that sounds bloody wonderful.

    FREE tickets.

    I think I £30.00 ish for the march event. oh well.

    Posted on 17 December 2008 at 03:52