MY LOVE OF THE WOMBATS

Posted by jeany. On 22:05

Last summer my friend dragged me to see this band called the Wombats at the Annex. I didn't know what it was but I was like, Uh okay.

They blew me away.
So i had to wait and wait till the following year to see them at the annex again this past march.
It was the best show ever and it was 5 quid!

I also saw the Wombats 3 months later from there this past june again, and that was the best night of my life (so far this year)

This past september I thought about going to see them with the Kooks far far away in New Jersey - like two hours from manhattan but by the time I decided to go the show was sold out and it was just too far away.
The reason I didn't go to that show was because I had plans to see Oasis at Terminal 5 in manhattan BUT THE BLOODY SHOW GOT CANCELLED BECAUSE SOME DAFT IDIOT DECIDED TO THROW SOME RUBBISH AT NOEL IN TORONTO.

damn canadians.

I've always wanted to see them in the UK, the idea of it seems magical but it probably would be a bit odd since I'm used to seeing them in small camden barfly sized venues in New York.

The first thing I am doing when I get to london is I'm going to go to rough trade or some shop on berwick or hmv and GETTING THIS CHRISTMAS SINGLE and some friendly fires singles. Lykke Li ones too.. and my list is just large.   

Oh does anyone know Ed Mc Farlane? He's fit. I want to go out on a date with him

4 comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Did you see The Wombats are playing a free instore @ Pure Groove in London next Monday 15th December @6pm?

    Posted on 8 December 2008 at 04:11

     
  2. jeany. Said,

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    Posted on 8 December 2008 at 23:42

     
  3. jeany. Said,

    Hi Chalky!
    thanks for checking out this music blog!
    I wish i could go see the wombats in London at pure groove but I actually live in the united states on the small island of manhattan.

    Sometimes i feel trapped here cause i feel like i should live in london but cest l'vie.

    Posted on 8 December 2008 at 23:43

     
  4. Anonymous Said,

    Ah! Sorry didn't realise!

    I'm going to try and pop along to see them if I can. Should I get anywhere near the front (it's a very small shop!) I'll take photos and put them on my blog to share.

    Cheers!

    Chalky

    Posted on 9 December 2008 at 00:16