HERE IN YOUR BEDROOM

Posted by jeany. On 01:12

I was just reading the post below and couldn't help but smile. 

Goldfinger was one of my favourite bands growing up. 
Them, Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, were like, my bands. 

I first heard Here in your bedroom on KROQ when I was a kid..
and many moons ago I stayed up really late to see them on Conan O'Brien performing Here in your bedroom.
There is probably footage of that on youtube.

Anyway, I heard about them from spending numerous amounts of time in LA. 
Back then I was such a silly kid. 
I thought about changing my name to Mabel.

Here is another embarrassing fact about my love for Goldfinger.
I remember spending a whole day at home watching the Goldfinger VHS tape titled Darren's Coconut ass. That Goldfinger videotape my friend got me wasn't particularly great but back then I liked Goldfinger that much. 

I honestly haven't thought of them much since Stomping Ground but they were a facet of entertainment in my life. 

I just heard this recent song by Goldfinger, handjobs for jesus, and I am quite impressed with it. Part of the reason I went to seek this song was because a friend told me Bert from the Used and Monique from Save Ferris did vocals on it. 

As embarrassing as it is, I once loved the used too. I know every word to blue and yellow.. and i can sing it too..

I'd have to say my favourite Goldfinger song now is The City with Two faces.
It's quite ironic that I never understood that song when I was much younger..
but now, I get it.

If you know what I am referencing, go to the wasted superstars blog and read my lovely entries on what I think of LA. 


2 comments

  1. Ricky Moreno Said,

    ha ah!!

    changing your name is a bit much, but hay were all young and stupid once.

    looking at your blog and craig's i am deffo gonna have to listen and deffo to the handjob for jesus as it does sound a bit wrong lol not that it is a rason to too watch something

    Posted on 7 December 2008 at 10:49

     
  2. jeany. Said,

    hey ricky!
    the mable thing was a reference to an old goldfinger song called mable..
    its catchy. lol.

    oh goldfinger, hang ups was perhaps my favourite one.

    Posted on 8 December 2008 at 00:19