BOY CRISIS... AND THE VAMPIRE WEEKEND

Posted by jeany. On 01:55

There's nothing like getting into bands from your own city through UK radio. It happens all to often these days..


But there's been this song on NME radio I cannot get enough of..

L'homme. 

You know what's even stranger?

I can't buy the 7; for L'homme in my own country.
I guess I'll just run to Rough Trade in Londontown when I arrive. 

I will add that to my list of "indie 45's to buy"

It's moments like this when I feel like a fish in the wrong pond.
New York City with it's rubbish radio and record stores make me angry. 

http://www.myspace.com/boycrisis

Oh I also went to the last Vampire weekend gig last saturday.
It was okay, I didn't bother seeing the openers.
They played the album that I've been listening + a blondie cover and my favourite song M79 (that damn bus pisses me off)

I was well angry when my mate couldn't get us on the guest list for the first date of Vampire  Weekend  because I WANTED TO SEE THE TEENAGERS TOO. AND I BLOODY MISSED THEM I AM THEREFORE A DAFT IDIOT. The teenagers opened up. 

They also had RA RA riot open up for them this past monday when they played in NJ.
But I am a bit over Vampire weekend. Sure, their performance was MINT.. but I had more fun seeing them at Bowery Ballroom last January - the day after their album came out. 

Terminal 5 is just a big venue, and the sound there isn't as good as Bowery Ballroom.
I guess it was just something to do for an hour, see Vampire weekend. 

Ironically, my friend just got an apartment in washington heights. 
HA. 

3 comments

  1. Ricky Moreno Said,

    That night sounds like it have the potential to have been amazing.
    Ra Ra Riot are a band that i keep going back to constantly.
    The Teenagers, well i have seen them loads and never been disapointed.
    vampire weekend are another band band i enjoyed seeing. very uplifting on a nice summers night in reading.

    Posted on 11 December 2008 at 03:04

     
  2. jeany. Said,

    yeah! i went to see vampire weekend on the wrong day but tis better than not seeing them at all.

    i will see the teenagers one day.
    the last time i planned to see them i was gonna see the friendly fires and lykke li at one show instead.

    Posted on 11 December 2008 at 16:54

     
  3. Ricky Moreno Said,

    i left half way through a MGMT set just to get a good place in the tent where The Teenagers were playing. They are a solid band. They are kind of druggy most of the time. The lead singer jumps all over the place.

    Posted on 12 December 2008 at 02:24