TEN OF MY FAVORITES OF 2008 (PART FOUR)

Posted by Ricky Moreno On 01:04

1. Two Doors Down - The Mystery Jets

Unsurprisingly, I chose this song.
Its 80's cheese pop down to a tee, re birthed in the new indie synth pop revolution.
This song, where ever I have been out, goes down well with everyone.
If you were sitting down, you get up and dance, and if you were already dancing you pick up an extra skip in your dance. The only contest in finding a better song in 2008 was my number two, 'Time To Pretend' by M.G.M.T.



2. Time To Pretend - M.G.M.T

This version is the only that I could find on YouTube that was not embedded
This song sparks up a lot of imagination.
A real grower, and is unquestionably one of the best songs I have ever heard.






3. Young Love - The Mystery Jets

I think it is safe to say that this release was kind of a feel good song with a nice simple ringy beat although listening to the lyrics, you learn its a story of a classic teenage 'lost lusting' we all have experienced at some point in life. The song comes from an album which in fact have so many 'big bangers' its difficult deciding where to put them in my top ten of the year, so I have stayed with the singles only. This unfortunately excludes my favorite song, 'Veiled in Grey' and 'Twenty One.' I feel disappointed to have not been able to put 'Half in Love with Elizabeth' too which is an actual release.




4. Love No - The Teenagers

There is just something about this pop trio from Paris (and London.)
They make new cheesy pop and chose to just speak over songs 'Just for Jokes.'
The best release from them this year was a big favorite of mine back in March titled 'Love No.' The video is absolutely hilarious too.
Lines such as "are you really going to eat that pepperoni pizza? It looks so Greasy" supports a complete random feel they transpire through virtually every song on the Reality Check album released about the same time as the song in question.

0 comments